My Tenth Day

Since I've been working more, these posts just keep on coming. Don't worry, you'll get a reprieve tomorrow.

I learned something new today. Breakfast is hot. Having all grills open and 2 open ovens makes the kitchen one big slow cooker.

The second thing I learned, which is more something I was reminded of, was just how awful I feel in the morning. I wake up from a nightmare to a bunch of idiots havering on the radio alarm. You would think they'd play music in the morning. My biggest complaint of mornings during the school year is how cold I am. Today was the first day in months that it's been about 70. 70 isn't bad, but in comparison to the 85 that we've been holding at, it feels pretty cold.

As much as I gripe about how terrible I feel when I work there, it makes all the difference when people are nice. The first person I see there was Curly, who usually isn't nice to me. Today was no exception. Luckily, he was overshadowed by two other managers who are nice. One is the woman who orientated me. She's rather nice. The other is this hard-ass guy who, for some reason, is very nice to me. Maybe it's because he thinks I'm of the intelligentsia after hearing where I'm going to uni. Unfortunately, everyone heard when he asked me. The female manager asked me if I was excited and whatnot, but I can bet Curly is just going to resent me for it. It's nothing too major, in case anyone reading this is wondering. It's just sort of strange in comparison, and it's pretty far away.

Not a whole lot happened, but there are some things to write about.

On the schedule, they have a disclaimer at the bottom that says something like: "All material on this page is copyright of the Franchise corporation. Any reproduction of this, without prior permission from the company is strictly prohibited and will be subject of legal action."

Not only am I writing that down now, but just a few days ago, I wrote my week's schedule down, thus violating that disclaimer. You know, at one point, they paid a lawyer, who probably charged over $200 an hour, to write that, and he forgot a comma after "company".

I noticed all that as I was sitting in the crew closet for my break. I also noticed this: (click to read)



At the end of the day, that hard-ass manager, who I haven't come up with a nickname for, said that he was looking forward to working with me more.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

6:11 PM, October 09, 2005

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



» Post a Comment