My Seventeenth Day

Things went all right, today. I had a long chat with the 17 year old kid and we exchanged anecdotes about our high school exploits.

I was really hoping to be let off early today to come home to play with my new iBook (!).

At about 11pm, an hour before my shift ended, the supervisor lady came up to me and asked me if I was ready to go. An opportunity to escape early!

"Actually, my shift is until midnight, but I could leave now if you want."
What, am I insane?!?
"Oh, good. Yeah, we could use you. I know you didn't get a break today, so grab some food."

That's right, I didn't have a break! 6 hours and no break! Grab some food? I don't eat this food, lady!

So I grabbed some fries, which I figure are pretty safe.

I noticed that there are a few homeless people who live at the restaurant. Everybody turns a blind eye.

At one point, the supervisor lady tells us that some manager is coming back.

Everybody started scurrying around to make everything perfect for this guy. I figured out which guy it was. He's a supervisor who usually works in the morning. I wrote about him as the hard-ass who liked me. The other folks at the grill where I was working were frantically pressing buttons on the tray holder to get the times on the timers to look like we had been using them correctly.

"Guys," I said, "If anything is wrong, just blame me. I'm leaving here tomorrow."

Then I thought, I'm leaving here tomorrow!

I changed my schedule so it's 5pm to 10pm. That will leave me with ample time to write a final post.

Expect my final post to be an iflavored one, as I'll be writing it from my iBook! I would have written this one on it, but I'm currently installing XP on it. It's a topsy-turvy world we live in. Especially me. Be sure to check out my new blog, which I have been posting on. fulmine
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:59 PM, March 19, 2013

I appreciate, lead to I found exactly what I used to
be having a look for. You have ended my four day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

Feel free to surf to my blog ... voyance    



» Post a Comment