Still Groggy

Right before I went to sleep last night at 2:30 am (insomnia), I noticed I had a burn on my thumb, too. I'm surprised I missed it, as it is much worse than the other ones and it still hurt. It would hurt whenever I moved my thumb, thus proving that working at a fast food restaurant will make you devolve.

Now that that's settled, let's talk about this morning. I was rudely awakened at about 11:20 by my cell phone ringing. It is plugged into the recharger on the floor by the foot of my bed, so I trudged across my bed, leaned over, and answered it as lively as I could.

"Hi, is .... there?"
"Yeah, this is ...."
"Hi, this is .... (I actually forgot her name) from the Franchise. I was just wondering if you could come in tonight."

As I've said, I don't need to work again until Wednesday. That means I have my own little weekend for the next one and a half days. I'm also compulsively agreeable while talking on the phone.

"I don't know, what time will you need me?"
"What time can you come?"

I'm not haggling with you, lady. If you said something like 7 to 9, I'd do it, but instead, you put the ball in my court.

"Yeah, actually, I don't think I can come in tonight. Sorry."
"That's okay. Bye."
--click--
"Bye."

So, what would you have done? Come on, I mean, let my burns heal before I'm sent back out there.

A. I don't need the money
B. I don't want to go.
C. I hate it there.
D. They should have had a better scheduling system.
E. I don't want to go.

Seriously, what would you have done? Post a comment.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:29 PM, July 25, 2005

I just found your blog today and read through all of the posts, thanks for entertaining me while I should be working.

As for your morning wake up call, I would have told them no way as well.    



3:00 PM, July 25, 2005

Thanks for stopping by. Keep reading as I've been updating this frequently. This is only going to be around for a couple weeks, so I might as well make it enjoyable while I'm here.    



12:21 AM, July 27, 2005

Like the blog-the fast food industry is a job choice I wouldn't consider in the first place, and this has cemented my decision to avoid it come hell or high water. Anyway. All this week I've been accidentally cutting myself. I've been doing this 4 minute movie over the course of a week, scripting, storyboarding, etc. and it's made me so tired I haven't noticed the cuts on my hands and etc. I think methodical tasks make you decend to a lower level of conciousness.    



12:31 PM, July 31, 2005

I wouldn't have answered the phone! hehe    



» Post a Comment