The Results

I just got back from the interview. Let's go over how it went.

A woman led me into an office in the back of the store. Here are some excerpts of the interview:

"Are you working now?"
"Yes, at McDonald's."
"If you got this job, would you keep the one at McDonald's?"
"No." (I was thinking somewhere along the lines of "Hell no!")

"What's the earliest you could come to work in the morning?"
"I think 8."
"How about 7?"
Err... What's with everyone trying to haggle with me. If I meant 7, I would have said 7.
"Yeah, 7 is all right."
Damn my low self esteem

About this time, somebody thought it would be a good idea to call me. I have my phone set to vibrate, but it was audible. She ignored it, but then it was even louder every five minutes when it would buzz to tell me I missed a call.

"What strengths do you have would fit working here?"
"I'm friendly, personable, responsible, and I'm good with computers."
"When you say good with computers, would you know what someone was talking about if they asked for an Ethernet card, and would you know whether they needed it or not?"
"Yeah, absolutely."
This is partly true. I do know what an Ethernet card is, and I think I'd be able to know if they needed it.

"What's a time when you performed exemplary at work?"
"At McDonald's, I can make more burgers than company policy says, which is more productive."
"Okay, if a co-worker was breaking company policy, what would you do?"
Shit!
"If it were hurting the company, I would either talk to the co-worker or go to a supervisor."
That's probably not the right answer.

After screwing up every single question, she told me that she would check my references and give me a call this evening. If everything worked out, she would give me a schedule in the next couple days. What? That sounded like I pretty much got the job. But then again, she'll have to talk to me ex-employer, who is 100% insane. I don't know if I've mentioned that before, but he is. There's no telling what he'll say. Here's what I imagine:

"Hi, I'm calling on behalf of Office Market. We're looking at ....'s application, and he has you listed as a previous employer. What can you tell me about him?"
"Well, he's a communist. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy, but I wouldn't trust him with me Jello pudding snacks."
"What do you mean?"
"When, the sun goes down and the tide goes out, they all get together and they all start to shout, hey, hey, Uncle Dud, it's a treat to beat your feet in the Mississippi mud!"

If you knew him, this wouldn't sound so absurd. Anyway, I've got to call him and let him know he'll be getting a call from these guys, or else he'll say something like, "I thought he was working for McDonald's now, who are you working for! You're imposters!"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:57 PM, July 26, 2005

Good luck.    



1:21 AM, June 03, 2013

http://eekshop.com
According for more information regarding Brian, eating your frog is always that about tackling your those people an absolute must have daunting tasks, and getting them done. The concept has to be that similar to how do you all your family members eat an elephantne bite at a multi function a period of time Brian main point is that that you eat your celebrities and others ugliest frog first,at any moment ugliest, and and thus everywhere over the,so much that each of them is your frogs are done. When you at your frog,all your family members believe that empowered, happier, energized and are much more an gent who has it's my job to.e.your family get a lot more done.

   



» Post a Comment