Other Crappy Jobs

I found someone who used to work at a fast food place and is now writing about their work in a call center. Stop by it here.

If you have a blog about your work, I'll be happy to post it.

In that same breath, have any of the 5 or so return readers I have (and of course all of the Blog Explosion hoppers) ever worked at a fast food place? Comment about it.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9:27 PM, July 22, 2005

Yup, Subway. Except I had an excellent boss and great co-workers, so it was actually one of my all-time favorite jobs. The getting robbed part sucked though.    



9:46 PM, July 22, 2005

Maybe I'm just tired from waking up too early today, but I actually laughed at that one. Would you mind sharing your experience getting robbed?

So far, I have not had that luxury, but I doubt I'll be affected as I work a distance away from the front counter. I could just run to another room at the first sign of trouble, but I'm not sure there are emergency exits. They don't follow the health code, why should they follow the safety code?    



12:28 AM, July 24, 2005

I surfed in via BE. I've had the gamut of crappy jobs, but I think thats standard going in the process of becoming disullisioned.

When I started my blog, I really didnt think people cared to read what i did, but those have become some of my most "popular" posts. it's striking because as I've blogged along, i find what people connect to most is the seemingly mundane and ordinary of ones life.

In blogs I think that most readers can predict the arch of any storyline, but what grabs them is being able to relate to the "I can see myself in that situation!" aspect of it.

I'll sure keep reading!    



11:05 AM, July 24, 2005

Thanks for reading and commenting, especially on a post that wasn't at the top. It seems that people aren't likely to post comments to previous posts, but I do glance through them to see if there are any new ones.    



1:32 AM, July 25, 2005

I'm here from Call Center Purgutory.

I worked at a Pizza place for a while. Since we could pop out pizzas in 5 minutes, I considered it fast food.

I did deliveries and liked it, because I always ended every night with around $20 in tips. I hated cooking though. Nothing sucked worse than taking orders from people.

I like your blog and I have linked to yours from mine. Looking forward to reading more great stuff from you.    



» Post a Comment