My Fourth Day

I just got home, making this the first time I'm posting about my day at work, the day I was there.

Let me split this up into good news, bad news:

Good news:
I didn't see Shaneequa at all.

Bad news:
I had to close (clean) the grill by myself.

Good news:
When I went on my first bathroom break (ever!), Van Morrison's "Jackie Wilson Said" was playing over the speaker. It made me wonder why they didn't play music in the kitchen. I would love to listen to my ipod there.

Bad news:
As someone I knew from Berkeley would say, "I got hella' burned."








Good news:
I came up with reason #3 not to eat at the Franchise: Flies. Everywhere. On your food, in your food, defecating on you food. I'm not sure if this is good news.

Bad news:
I'm eating Wendy's as I'm writing this. I couldn't bring myself to eat from the Franchise, but I don't imagine this is much better.

Good news:
I don't have to work again until Wednesday!

Bad news:
I think some grease splashed into my eye when I was at work. I wonder what the long-term repercussions of this will be.


Okay, enough of that. At one point, somebody ordered 4 double cheese burgers... well-done. The 17 year old who introduced himself to me in the first post made an astute observation:

"He must think this is a restaurant or something."

We could have just given him the normal stuff, but I put his burgers in for twice as long as they usually go for. Then he asked for some sort of fried chicken... well-done. Those things are fried! Waiters in the fanciest of the fanciest restaurants in old Parîs don't ask you how you'd like your chicken done. There are only two options for chicken: Dark meat, or light meat. Anyway, we refried it. What he doesn't understand is that rawness is only one of the many factors leading your meal to be an unsafe/unhealthy/disgusting one.

So after he was gone, I heard the Franchise form of a conversation. It was different people coming up with the craziest stuff people have ordered.

"Double cheeseburger without cheese!"

That's the only one I remember that doesn't give the name of a unique choice that will give away the carefully guarded secret of what the Franchise really is... For those surfing here via Blog Explosion, you won't know what I mean.

So, I was thinking of putting together a list of all the choices in order of what's kept the most and least disgusting. The problems with that are:

A. It would give away the name of the fast food place
B. Everything is so disgusting I would just be kidding myself and all of you.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading this blog and posted comments, they are appreciated, so keep them up!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

9:27 AM, July 25, 2005

With so many fast food places around, I woudn't worry about giving away the name of the chain!

Nice blog by the way!    



9:46 AM, July 25, 2005

Sounds like a White Castle to me. Anyway, I absolutly LOVE this blog! This is what blogging is supposed to be...not politics or instruction...just interesting stuff from regular people posted for others that may never share the same experiences.
Keep up the good work!    



12:22 PM, July 25, 2005

Thanks for your comments. It's really not a matter of knowing exactly which fast food place it is. They're probably all rather similar, and not all individual restaurants (so to speak) are run the same way.

By the way, I read through a few posts on both of your blogs. Good stuff. If you ever want to trade links, just send me an e-mail.

cowardly@gmail.com    



9:04 PM, February 01, 2007

this was great! i am doing a speech about fattening foods and this helped.    



» Post a Comment