Curiouser and Curiouser

I just got another phone call. It was a number I didn't recognize.

"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Christine, is .... there?"
"Yeah this is ...."

Damn. It must be the Franchise, again. Don't they get it? I'm not going over there today.

"You applied to Office Market [name has been changed]. We were wondering if you were still interested and if you wanted to go for an interview."

Hmm... Here's the situation: I'd love to work at an office store than the Franchise. I'm also only going to be around for the end of the summer. I'm actually going to be leaving much sooner, but that will come up unexpectedly. Chances are they aren't looking for seasonal work. It can't hurt to try.

"I'd love to."
"Great, how does tomorrow sound?"
"Sound great, what time?"
"What about 10 am?"
"Sure."

Just then, I realized I had actually forgotten the exact name of the store she said she was from. Damn my short term memory! Damage control:

"Oh, what's the address?"

Good, now all I need to do is find it. I'm pretty sure I know which one it is.

Honestly, I don't mind switching the entire format of this blog if I could work for an office supplies store. Think about what they do there. The employees have the most basic understanding of technical jargon. I could help those customers in my sleep. I already stock heavy boxes at the Franchise, who cares if they have frozen strawberries in them or reams of paper.

I'm so excited! Ha!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4:30 PM, July 25, 2005

I really like your journal! I'll be back to read more in the future.    



4:41 PM, July 25, 2005

Iris, I saw your blog before and I just went through it again. I really like it. If you ever want to trade links, just e-mail me at cowardly@gmail.com

Hope you're feeling better about things.    



» Post a Comment