1700 - 2200

I decided to drive out to the Franchise today to look at my schedule, since they don't let you know in advance. What luck! I'm going in tomorrow at 5pm until 10pm. That will be my longest shift yet.

I've realized that getting material to write about isn't as important as my hatred of going there.

Tonight, I have to go de-weed a jungle for my ex-employer who thinks he's still my current employer. It's 79 degrees out, and he said I'll need to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt... and gloves.

His backyard is normal, until it drops off in a small cliff-like forest. That's where I've got to de-weed. I've put off doing this for weeks now, but there's no turning back at this point.

Okay, so let me go back to the fast food. That's why you're all here, anyway. So, I walk in there today without my uniform, because I was just stopping by. Some old guy in a tan shirt (the shirt colors somehow designate rank, but I'm not sure how; I could probably make some joke about brown shirts, but I feel too defeated to do so.) turned around when I walked past him.

"Hey buddy,"
"Hi,"
"What's up? How are you doing?"
"Not much, I mean fine, good, thanks."

Just great. I think I'm going to cry.

I walked into the back closet office. Some lady was working away at the computer. I felt bad excusing myself to get a look at the schedule right next to her, until I saw she was working hard away at solitaire.

sun -- 1700 - 2200

Damnit! If they expect me to work on Sunday, what's stopping them from wanting me there on Saturday? I frantically looked at the board to see where Saturday was listed. It wasn't on there.

Suddenly, my panic faded and I realized that if they wanted me in today, they should have told me. I don't care. It's their stupid system and they'll have to deal with the consequences. If they don't have enough employees tonight, maybe they should get a better scheduling system.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4:28 PM, July 25, 2005

Wait, I thought you said this was your first job ever? But you said something about your previous employer in this post. I'm confused.    



4:29 PM, July 26, 2005

This is my first serious job. I think I mentioned my ex-employer a few times in previous posts.    



» Post a Comment